Your next patient, actually your next 10 patients, are brought in by their parents because they have been coughing for 2 weeks. Match the characteristic of the cough with the appropriate treatment (you may use letters twice or not at all). (Cannot answer on-line – jot down your answers and then check back for discussion).
- Dry cough worse at night and when out in the cold air
- Cough that sounds like a seal or dog barking
- Cough with an inspiration between each cough (staccato cough)
- Wet phlegmy cough accompanied by nasal congestion
- Paroxysms of cough with post-tussive vomiting
- Dark honey